Pages





Friday 11 April 2014

File Folder Tab Templates

woohoo been playing with File Folders a la Ashliegh Heppenstall (Scrapsbuttonsnbows) you gotta see her ustream – http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/45653413 she used this technique for her Brain Book.  Love, love love that idea,  Ashiegh then transfers it to utube  https://www.youtube.com/user/scrapsbuttonsnbows (for storage and ease of access methinks lol) )
I made templates for ease of use to make life easy for myself.
I love to organise things (ok so for the past 6 months I have not been doing that – get back in there sunshine – ok boot applied lol).
I used the US cardstock size 8 1/2 x 11 in (for UK you might squeeze in another small tab).
I did my templates on the long side (US 11” / UK 11 3/4”) to enable me to have as much template as possible.
(please note this is not a tutorial on how to use the envelope board rather on how to make file folder tabs templates.  Utube has lots of videos on how to use the board.
Requirements:
Envelope Punch Board
Trimmer or Scissors
Pencil
Using US paper and Envelope Punch Board

TO MAKE THE TEMPLATES:
clip_image001
Place edge of cardstock at appropriate marker, in this instance 2 1/2” and punch (I tend to edge the beginning of the cardstock after I punch my eyes have a tendency to put things upsy downsy and round about lol.
clip_image003
either eyeball the centre of the punched out area or lightly mark with a pencil the centre.
Place the centre of the punched out area at the 2 1/2” mark and punch continue down the page until your template is completed

TEMPLATES MADE TO DATE:

clip_image005
1" you get 11 tabs showing (I use these for numbers etc when I have a load of stuff I need to keep organised)
clip_image007
1 1/2" you get 7 tabs showing
clip_image009
2" you get 5 tabs showing
clip_image011
2 1/2" you get 5 tabs showing
clip_image013
3" you get 3 tabs showing (will use this on a 12 by 12" sheet for watercolours etc)
Large layout ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment